Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Is Color as good as sunshine? Maybe!

 I just loved these 'mums'.  Isn't the orange color yummy?  And the center of the flower is stunning.


 Happy mail from our grandson....


 Beautiful fall!  Just a touch of brilliant color  makes everything special. (even silk leaves work) =)


A friend made this beautiful card.  It was love at first sight.  Red and yellow are so cheerful together and the printed page is something I have always been drawn to.

We've been busy helping out with our school yard sale. Which was gigantic and fun to help unpack things and see what was donated.  And it was fun to buy things also of course.  Its been a rainy, overcast grey day here.  Sunday & Monday the days were fair and we enjoyed the rich foliage as we drove here and there. I've been lazy today but I did cook for us, which I'm glad of. (and I helped hubby make more applesauce)  We were able to stay in all day long, out of the drizzle.  How I wish for energy to tackle some projects I've started!

Has anyone watched 'The Incredible Dr. Pol'?  It is available on netflix.  It follows his veterinary practise for more than one season.  For the most part,  it was So Very enjoyable....getting to see all the different animals that he took care of.  He wrote a book about his experiences.  I'm waiting to borrow it from my library =).  I enjoyed that series very much.

Psalm 19:14  'Let the words of mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength and my redeemer'.

6 comments:

Carla from The River said...

I love your sweet mail from your grandson.
The mums are amazing. :-)
Have a blessed week.
Carla

Patsy said...

We watch Dr. Pol. The fall colors are really popping here now.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'll look for Dr. Pol...sounds like something we would enjoy. I love the colors of Fall! Sweet hugs, Diane

Saija said...

thank you for the warm comment on my blog ... and yes, i think we "met" almost right away in blogland ... 10 years ago ... wow! i remember your mom used to read my blog too ... the Lord is good, isn't He?!!!! AND i love the mums, the colour is a perfect fall colour!!! and that blue plate, i have on EXACTLY like it! *smiling* blessings on you as you continue to share the sweetness of living for Jesus!

A Colorful World said...

Love your mums and that one vignette with the blue & white dishes (my favorite) and those silk leaves is just stunning! Oh, I just couldn't watch Dr. Pol...just can't handle anything "gross" dealing with animals. I love animals so much, but only if they are bathed and not drooling, and well, some of the stuff he has to do! It just turned my stomach! :-) I guess I'm just a squeamish weenie!

Didn't make applesauce or butter this time. It's still 88-90 degrees every day. I just can't get "into" it. It doesn't feel like Fall!

We have been very fortunate to travel most of our married lives together and I didn't want that to stop with our new situation (disabled) especially since sharing things with our grandson is so important. We really have been blessed that we have been able to take a good vacation every year for the last four summers. I hope we will be able to continue.

A Colorful World said...

Take care...I always look forward to your comments on my blog! Wish we could meet one day. Just plan a trip to AZ some time! You can stay in the wigwams one night! :-)