Wednesday, June 18, 2014

 I have been lost in a world of books lately. And we had a funeral to attend of a very dear friend recently.  That changes life for a while.  It sobers and saddens even though we may know very well our beloved friend is with Jesus.


 This sweet print hangs in our dining room.  I have always loved artwork of faces.  Very much.


 My Mother and her Mother and sisters worked in a glass factory, years ago.  I don't know if it has anything to do with my love of dishes or not.  England does it the best....I think.  I'm a bit sad that American men look down on teapots.  I do so love them.


Many years ago I read my 'Grace' books with such enjoyment and blessing.  But they became so familiar to me over the years that I had to stop reading them.  I could remember the stories without thinking!  But now, it is as if they are rather new, in a way because so much time has gone by.  I just re-read two with the greatest enjoyment.  And I have never read another Christian fiction that stirred my heart like Grace Livingston Hill's books do.  They encouraged me to pray more and read God's word more.  To me, they are alive with right doctrine and truths,  that stir the heart and become an active help in the Christian life,  along with a good story line.  I am just about ready to start 'Rainbow Cottage'.  (sigh of contentment!)

I am delighted that the video of Alice Herz Sommers was a blessing!  I still cannot get over her and find myself telling others about that video as a topic of conversation.  What a legacy of cheerfulness and hope she left humanity.

I came across 'Extreme Cheapskates' on Netflix and though it is a bit  ( a lot)  over the top...lol....it is interesting and I can't stop watching the episodes.  I hope your day is restful and blessed!  Philippians 4:19  'But my God shall supply all your need according to  his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.'

6 comments:

Patsy said...

I love those things also. I have lots of teapots I have never thought about teapots and men before, LOL
I am reading a Grace Livingston book now "A New Name"

Carla from The River said...

I have not read the Grace Livingston books. I will put them on my To Read List. So glad we can share with each other. :-)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've not read them either but I've been reading a lot lately, too. And we started watched Emma by Jane Austen tonight. We watch part of it for 2 or 3 nights in a row, which is nice. Sweet hugs, Diane

Mari said...

I love dishes and teapots and I think you're right about the English.
My mom had quite a collection of Grace Livingston Hill books. I enjoyed reading them too. Thanks for the reminder of them.
I've watched the cheapskate show as well. It's interesting, although some of them are really extreme!

Sola Scriptura said...

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Hugs to you!

A Colorful World said...

Did you do the artwork, Maggie Ann? It's lovely! Also, loved the dish and the old books by Grace Livingston Hill (I will have to read her! Also Gladys Tabor) What a lovely post, except for the funeral. They always bring sadness. God bless you!