Friday, June 06, 2014

A busy summer!

 I am so excited to see that our baby blueberry bush has not only survived its first winter but has blueberries!!!!   Now to find an old lace curtain soon to hang over them so that the birds don't eat them up before we can enjoy them.  I am happy.

 This pansy just goes to show you don't have to be perfect to be enjoyed!   Isn't it gorgeous?!


 These iris' were beautiful, very large and showy.  They make my other ones look like 2nd rate..lol.


 Volunteers like these are always welcome.  This is not a stingy plant, they throw their seed far and wide.    Several seeds jumped out of their bed and are...blooming merrily where they are not supposed to be.


Oh how perfect our God is....the intricate design and beauty of his creation touches my heart with wonder.

We have had a busy week....hubby replaced the shingles on the roof.  What a hard working group of men that labored together....Godly friends....and we are thankful to them for coming to help.  The weather looked so rainy and overcast the first of the week,  but God blessed....and all is finished.  I was so worried about safety and so on, but every worry was put to rest.  'What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee'.  Psalm 56:3

8 comments:

Patsy said...

I would be happy about the blueberry's.
God is good I should thank Him more and keep a continual prayer on my lips.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How wonderful to have your own blueberries. I think the blackberries are probably ripe here but it's so hot to take the hike to pick them. Maybe we'll have a cool morning soon and go check on the vines. Enjoy your weekend my friend! Hugs, Diane

Dolly said...

Praise the LORD for the new roof, and the good help in accomplishing it ! God is so good !

Your flower photos are wonderful......I'd feel right at home in your garden, I think !

Dolly said...

Praise the LORD for the new roof, and the good help in accomplishing it ! God is such a wonderful provider !

Your flower photos are beautiful......I'd feel right at home in your garden, I think !

Sola Scriptura said...

How exciting to have your own blueberries! Your flowers are lovely. When I look in amazement at creation I'm reminded of Romans 1:20:
"For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse."

Carla from The River said...

Yummy! Blueberries.

Still Alice was a book that I liked and did not like.
Let me know if you finish it and what your thoughts are.
I am not very fond of some of the language used. :-(

Stephanie said...

Hello sweet Maggie! Your post was quite charming and I love how you used the Pansy to show that we don't have to be perfect to beautiful :) Thank you for filling my day with sunshine.

Hugs to you!

A Colorful World said...

Such lovely flowers! Glad your hubby and his friends got the roof re-shingled. With all the bad weather, it was likely a smart thing to do. Glad all went well. Sorry you are dealing with the mosquitoes...they should be hitting us as soon as the rains start.:-( Hope you have a sweet summer.