Saturday, April 13, 2013

 Fresh roses from Aldies,  they are lovely, so delicate and beautiful. Enjoy them with me.


 A really informative sock book from the library, although those socks on the cover look pretty complicated.  Yet....I have strong hopes of finishing the pair I've started, from a much simpler pattern.  Its enjoyable to knit in 'the round', not hard at all.  So far.


Here's where I am just now.  (Marie,  I will try knitting a pair of child's socks..as soon as I find a good pattern....thanks for telling me how nice they turn out)  I would love to make my grandsons some. Maybe!


 This is the flea market lamp we got recently...I'd posted it before, but what a nice shot of the night light in the base.


 Aren't these shoes adorable?  We found them in a thrift shop for $5.00  I think I've already posted about them also, but not with the vintage photo.  Just look at the dapper bow tie the young man has on. Very nice. I love old photos, don't you?


In today's paper there was an article about a hymnal from 1640 that is going on the auction block and could bring as much as $30 million dollars!  I have an old Methodist hymnal that is very old but I don't know how old.  The front page is missing.  No,  I'm not hoping to sell it for a few million.   (of course it would be nice to have that happen...ha ha) Mine has about 700 pages and is only 6x4 inches in size. & I'm thankful for it.   I'll close my post with a bit of it called 'Hallelujah' hymn # 733.... It has  no lined music....just the words. Hope you have a wonderful Lord's Day!'

1. O Thou God of my salvation....my Redeemer from all sin;   Moved by thy divine compassion, Who hast died my heart to win,     I will praise thee;

Where shall I thy praise begin? 2. Though unseen, I love the Saviour;  He hath brought salvation near; manifests his pardoning favor;   And when Jesus doth appear, Soul and body will his glorious image bear.

3. While the angel choirs are crying,   "Glory! glory to the Lamb!   O how precious  Is the sound of Jesus' name!

4. Angels now are hovering round us,   Unperceived amid the throng;   Wondering at the love that crowned us,   Glad to join the holy song;   Hallelujah,   Love and  praise to Christ belong!    by Thomas Olivers.

 How precious to be his child!  This is so beautiful and so true!

2 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

The flowers are lovely and yes, the socks are looking awesome :)

Fun stopping by and seeing all of your pretty photos and reading your written thoughts.

Anonymous said...

What's up to all, it's really a pleasant for me to pay а
quick νisit thiѕ web pagе, it contains prеciouѕ Information.


Reviеw my blog: ft worth seo