Saturday, February 09, 2013


If you might  have wondered what I've been doing lately?   Making this Smoothie every day.  Its healthy and really refreshing...translate that tasty too.  I'd like to share it...and the recipe was in our local paper.   I'm great at clipping recipes, but usually never get around to making them...not often anyway.  But this one I did make.  Again and again and....I hope you give it a try!

Green Smoothie

2 ripe medium bananas
1 ripe pear or apple, chopped
2 cups kale leaves, torn from the stem
1/2 cup cold orange juice
1/2 cup water
12 ice cubes
1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed

Place everything in the blender and pulse.  I chop the ice cubes first, then press puree.  Store in frig...yum.
The flaxseed meal adds omega-3s,  you can also put some in a freezer-pop mold in the warm weather and have frozen Green Smoothie pops. I make sure my husband starts every day with this Smoothie.  Let me know how you like it if you try it.  Its mixes together in nothing flat, and keeps well overnight too.

'And having food and raiment let us be therewith content...' I Timothy 6:8  and...this verse is rich with promise.....'But godliness with contentment is great gain.'  I Timothy 6:6  I love God's word, it makes such a difference...wishing you a Restful & Worshipful Sunday!

5 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Good to see you!

Winifred said...

I love green smoothies. Have to use spinach as Kale isn't so easy to get here.

Everything Changes said...

Looks yummy. My breakfast fresh juice was cucumber, kale, celery, apple, lemon, carrot, and Chinese cabbage. :)

Dina said...

Shalom! That does look good -- good and healthy. You inspire me to buy a blender.

A Colorful World said...

I decided once to start using flax seed regularly and soon discovered it is a natural laxative! :-) The smoothie sounds great...I would never have thought of putting kale in one. I have been making turnip greens lately with fat free broth, turmeric, onions and a little hot sauce. It's delicious! Of course my Alabama roots would encourage me to make it with bacon fat, but that's a no-no. Every time I pour the leftover juice down the drain I think about how in the 30's people gave their babies that "pot likker" to strengthen them.