Thursday, July 12, 2012

]
 I love colored glass.  Stained glass.  Colors period!


 This heart is exquisite....bought while in Arizona.  I have admired this heart so many times. I never tire of its beauty.  Thats the way I desire to think of God, desiring his beauty and fellowship in my life.  Desire is an interesting word, meaning crave, long for.  To long for God is an interesting and beautiful desire that should be a very real part of our life.  Its what I want for myself...


In my Bible reference..I found two scripture that use the word crave.  Mark 15:43 & 46.   'Joseph of Arimathaea, an honorable counsellor, which also waited for the kingdom of God, came, and went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus.'

 And he bought fine linen, and took him down, and wrapped him in the linen, and laid him in a sepulchre which was hewn out of a rock, and rolled a stone unto the door of the sepulchre.'  What a man...a godly person.

And Proverbs 16:26 'He that laboureth laboureth  for himself; for  his mouth craveth it of him.'  That explains it well...lol.



 I am still working on this sweater.  Boo hoo,  I have to rip out rows at the shoulder...my front is 2" shorter overall than the back and must be fixed.  I'm dragging my feet on this...but maybe today after all.  I will rip out the rows. Maybe..

4 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Never is fun to rip out anything! i do love the color! Ah, stained glass is something I really love!

Karen said...

I love light shining through colored glass...so pretty!

Carla from The River said...

I love your glass. Beautiful!!

Good luck with your knitting. I am a beginner and I enjoy it. I have made a few scarves and I am working on a felt purse.

A Colorful World said...

You look at the lovely glass heart sun catcher and think of God's love, and as I read that I thought that each of us must be represented by the swirl inside the heart as He keeps us close!