Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Can you imagine having real candles on your tree? To think of using real candles...think of a birthday cake and the awesome moment when the lights are turned out in the room. Only the glow of the candles lighting up the 'Birthday Girl's' (or guys) face. Gets me every time...brings a tear everytime.

And ...all the technology we enjoy today. Electric lights everywhere, movies streamed into our homes by the dozen if we want. Beautiful music on cd's etc.

Yet, beauty is not hindered by lack of electricity or modern technology. God makes everything beautiful as He wills. We are the most beautiful of all creation I think. Humans made in his image, with an eternal soul, that he sent his only son to redeem. At such a cruel, cruel cost. How can we not love Him!
Hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come....

6 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I do love some technology but many times I just want the peace and quiet of none of it!

Dawn said...

Our son and his family are now living off grid. It is interesting to be in their home after sundown.
Oil lamps and flashlights. They go to bed early and get up early. They are enjoying a simpler life. I do miss lights when I am there...only because I don't see as well as I did when I was younger. Especially in the oil light.
Have a wonderful Christmas, M.
D xo

podso said...

Hi Maggie Ann,

thanks so much for your encouraging comments! I'm not sure I told you before that we were missionaries in Africa--West Africa--Ghana-- when our boys were little. My husband taught in theological education and I took care of the boys and gave hospitality to fellow missionaries who passed our way. (which were many). That was many years ago but also was a very difficult time in our lives because of the condition of the country at the time we lived there, also my husband's health--getting several tropical diseases. God brought us through and taught us much.

I will have to share more sometime!
Have a blessed Christmas!

Dotsie (Podso)

podso said...

PS Enjoyed your post and the pretty mantle picture!

Saija said...

you've taken on such a lovely nostalgic look here in your blog world ... reminds me of a more innocent time ... though as you mentioned - we as humans are far from innocent ... so glad we celebrate the birth of the WORD, that became flesh ...

blessings!

Everything Changes said...

I would have never faired well with candles on trees. When we were first married we lived with another couple. We had no heat but the fireplace, and the other hubby thought it a good idea to burn our old Christmas pine in the fireplace. That thing went up like a torch and sounded like a jet engine. The black smoke was seen for miles, and it's a wonder he didn't burn the house down! Moral: Keep fire off the tree. :-)