Thursday, July 21, 2011

A mighty fine chair...

This chair is one of my latest flea market finds. I paid $12.00 for it and only wish I had thought to take a picture of it before it was sanded & painted. I have never seen a leather seat like this before, but it was really the adorable shape of the back that called my name. It is 'charming' me yet as it sits about waiting to be admired.


It took me over 4 hours to paint this sweet old chair, but it was worth it!


I get such pleasure just beholding 'pretty'. Its worth all the work and fiddling. Now, all my flea market chair needs is a round, perhaps 'felted' seat cushion. My husband has been won over at last by its new dandy look! At first he couldn't believe I wanted this old chair.

I have a penchant for small vintage wooden chairs. I have one in the attic that was my Grandmother's kitchen chair. Very plain and very used. My Mother treasured it, then it became mine. Oh, for a bigger house!! And an old wooden Sunday Sch. chair bought from a church yard sale. It has a round seat and is sweet too. Who knows what draws us to love certain things? Not I.

No comments: