Monday, June 20, 2011

When we went to the Waynesburg Fiber Festival, I had the privilege of meeting Nan. She is a very talented artist who fashions wool flowers for corsages to pin on your blouse or purse. She gave me a brief 'how-to' and I came home all eager to try my hand at making a flower.

First I was off to Goodwill to buy a pair of ladies cream colored slacks that had to be 100% wool. Then I washed the wool, cut it into strips, and dyed it using water colors. They worked beautifully. Then I gathered the strips with a needle & thread and attached it onto a piece of felt backing.

In the picture you can see her flower is 'petal perfect'..& I love it. Even her leaves are gorgeous. Mine turned out well enough, but it needed a button in the center instead of tying a knot. It has an appointment with me to get that button. (I wish my dental appt. was only for getting a button sewed on..ha ha, I'm to get 2 crowns) And, I forgot to point out the rosebud she fashioned! It was love at first sight.

I hope you can stop by her blog if you have time, click to enlarge her photos and you will see the delightful flowers up close. She says no two are alike and they are all gorgeous! (Do click on my picture to enlarge it for a better look at the wool flowers) I'm off to venture out into the rain saturated soggy world now. Wish me smiles!!

4 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

So fun stopping by Nan's. The flowers are beautiful! So many things that can be decorated with them. Flowers in any form are beautiful to me :)

Patsy said...

Hi, I went to meet Nan and the wool flowers are neat.
Love your doll house and great breakfast patio.

GardenOfDaisies said...

What pretty flowers! I am always awed by people with so much creative talent!!

podso said...

Your wool flower is wonderful and I also really like your doll house! What a find.