Thursday, June 16, 2011

An Adorable Doll House

Now I know why they call these 'doll' houses, they are just too cute! I waited for someone else to buy this at the yardsale, but no one seemed to want it. What could I do?!!
Such a charmer! Small baskets of yarn, tiny clocks and pictures on the wall. Tiny dishes & rolling pin in the kitchen cabinets. A delightful conversation piece. (click on picture to enlarge)
I fell for this cute bunny wallpaper, who wouldn't? Thank you for coming to my house-warming party!

6 comments:

Dolly said...

That's too fun ! I'm like you........when I see something like that and NO ONE is buying it, it just KILLS me to walk away !

That's so funny that they used a wallpaper border as a full wallpaper.

I went to the library today specifically looking for Grace Livingston Hill because of your blog entry from earlier. I don't remember which book you referenced but I just brought home 3 old books of hers. One is from 1929 !

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh it is really sweet! Definitely too hard to pass by!

Latane Barton said...

That doll house would have gone home with me, too. It's so charming and fun. Good buy, I'd say.

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

Oh that little bed!
p.s. You are so lucky to have a resident turtle.
xx
julie

Laura Frantz said...

Oh, Maggie Ann, We are really kindred spirits! I so love doll houses. And yours is just beautiful! Not long ago I saw one that resembled Jefferson's Monticello but like yours even better. Your new patio is lovely, too. I know you'll have many happy hours there. Bless you for the beauty you bring to your blog!

GardenOfDaisies said...

The little blue dolly house full of furniture is adorable! And I have to tell you that the "Honey Bunny" wallpaper is what I put on the wall of the nursery when I had my babies. LOVE it!!!