Tuesday, November 17, 2009



This is what's on my worktable right now. Probably its the last stained glass piece I'll do for this year. I like to cut and grind the glass outdoors, its messy! Pretty soon I'll switch to carding and spinning my wool. And finally get back to some simple knitting. Then spring will come, and Lord willing I'll get the glass out again. And there are ever so many good books to read along the way.

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8

Marie, I'm still enjoying the #1 Ladies Detective Agency books very much. I just finished 'The Good Husband of Zebra Drive'. I admire Mma Ramotswe SO much, but I could never tell the fibs she does .... Passing herself off with authority as other people to get others to reveal the truth about certain situations. I guess the author has to make her a successful detective somehow! Mme.R touches my heart so many times with the insight, patience and compassion she has. Any other good authors to recommend? =)

7 comments:

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Beautiful stained glass! Maggie Ann!
So happy to hear you are now able to spend and enjoy your days with your husband! I think that is so wonderful! Your trip sounds like one you will always remember!
I also enjoyed your book review (wish I had time to read more--good thing I was able to read a lot when I was young--when I was home-schooling my kids, my girls read to me! Such a gift and blessing I will never forget!)
If you get an extra moment-stop by the cabin-I'm having a quick giveaway!
Have a great day Maggie Ann!
Blessings and love to you from the cabin!
Claudia O.

Marie said...

I will think about it Maggie. It is an interesting question, can investigators use deception to solve crimes? I wouldn't want to glibly say yes or no. I think of the spies of Israel, etc.

I'll think about what authors to recommend to you, too - but right away I must say I think you would enjoy mysteries by Emily Brightwell. Let me know what you think if you try them.

Patsy said...

Your glass is beautiful. It is getting very cool here at night.Quess winter is upon us.
Patsy

Latane Barton said...

You do such gorgeous stained glass. Talented beyond words.

TO BECOME said...

I wanted to stop by and wish you and your a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Thank you for being such a blessing and good friend to me this past year. I will thank God for you on Thanksgiving Day especially. love to you, connie

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

This is just a gorgeous piece that you are doing. I so admire you for being able to do so many things...Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!1
Sandy

sparrow's song said...

You are so talented with your stain glass. Maybe someday I'll give it a try. I have thought of taking a few Jo-Ann Fabric project lessons they offer.

I've pulled an old christian book off the shelf to read again. (A Voice in the Wind - Mark of the Lion #1 - by Francine Rivers) I hope we can find the rest of the series when we do some basement organization.

you have E-mail to your yahoo