Tuesday, August 18, 2009

This is one of several 'flans' I've made this week. It seems that most afternoons about 3 pm I'm in the kitchen....=)



I think Blogger is somehow reducing the picture size. If you wouldn't mind clicking on this to enlarge it you might see what I saw when I took it. My husband bought this purple plastic vase at Harry & David's store, (the sales lady told me it was a glass! =))...well, I wasn't to excited about it but today, when I put it on the windowsill with some water and flowers, the color just about took my breath away it was so lovely. God...!!! makes everything so beautiful...

Then later on we went to a tractor pull. I think this was the winning team...they pulled 7000 pounds! My husband really enjoyed this...and I did like seeing these wonderful horses too.

8 comments:

Patsy said...

The color is beautiful and I love the blue.
Patsy

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oh, that tart looks delicious...oh, I guess it's a flan, you say??? Well, it looks delish!

To answer your query that you left on my blog post "A Note of Comparison", I have noticed when tatting with "vintage" threads that they do tend to break easily. The problem is that they're just so old they are too dry and brittle. Treat yourself to some new threads and tat some vintage patterns...the only thing chic about "vintage" in tatting are the old tatted up pieces and shuttles and patterns...the vintage threads themselves, might make for a nice display, but they're terrible to tat with! :)

~TattingChic ♥

Unknown said...

Thanks for the second comment on my blog post! Lucky me!

I know, what you mean about the thread breaking...it's horrible. New threads can break, too, but certainly not as often as with the old threads. I had a bunch of vintage threads that I bought at an antique store...after tatting with a ball or two of it I decided it was best to just leave threads like that at the antique store, they're really not a "bargain" after all! I hope you do get some new size 80 threads and I look forward to seeing your pieces you tat up with them...oh, here's some (unsolicited) advice...I recommend DMC brand size 80. Majestic brand has some beautiful colors, but they tend to knot up easily (and not in a good way) and break easily, too!

~TattingChic ♥

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

That flan fruit tart is very beautiful. First prize at the county fair, blue ribbon winner!

julie

sparrow's song said...

I've never made a flan. Does the fruit make it soggy? Mmm, it sure looks delicious.

What vivid color!! God has exquisite taste indeed.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Beautiful PLASTIC GLASS vase. ARe you wanting us to see the reflection on the window sill!!?? I love the way your window looks..all dressed up and pretty.
Thanks for stopping by my humble blog...Glad that all is well in your part of the world too..Sandy

Meadow Mountain Musings said...

I just found your blog and enjoyed it very much. Your fruit flan looks wonderful!