Friday, May 29, 2009



“But when he was strong, his heart was lifted up to his destruction: for he transgressed against the LORD his God, and went into the temple of the LORD to burn incense upon the altar of incense.” (II Chronicles 26:16) Uzziah had been greatly blessed and honored by God so that he was strong. Then his heart was lifted up in pride, resulting in his destruction. In our sinful natures it is easy for us to think that we have accomplished impressive things when actually God has done the work as He uses us, mere instruments of clay, to do good things for His glory. In our pride we sometimes take credit for the work of God rather than humbly recognizing that God has accomplished great things, in spite of our weakness. Such pride can result in bringing His destruction to us. Missionary/former Pastor Mel Wingrove. I love devotional truths...especially by people I know personally. They make my everyday 'me' thoughts pause for breath as I behold the Word. 'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.' John 1:1

And....my daughter mailed me her Birthday book a friend sent her, and it came yesterday. I got started reading it about 11:30 last night (I had read a few pages earlier, in the car) but about 11:30 pm, I read and read, and read till 3 a.m. this morning I reluctantly put it aside. About 10:30 this morning...I read until there was nothing else to read. It was finished. What a read!!!! I never. The author is Angela Hunt, her book title is 'the face'. It is about a girl with a severe deformity who is kept hidden away in a CIA facility....and thru a series of events in her life, has an opportunity to be live a normal life. Perhaps you could call it a spy thriller? If you have read it or do read it let me know if you enjoyed it. I certainly did!

If you've stopped by, I want to wish you a blessed Sunday. I'll never be done learning how sweet it is to step away from this world and sit at Jesus feet. I'm looking forward to being with our wonderful church family and hearing and teaching the Word. May special Sunday Blessings be yours....{in him was life; and the life was the light of men}

5 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

What a great reminder about pride, Maggie Ann. I do hope you, too, have a blessed Sunday.

I saw the pics you posted of the Homer Laughlin pottery factory. My, it's been years since I visited there. I was able to find a near match fo a pattern dh gave me. The dinner plate is close enough so no one would even notice. Are you through traveling for a while? I'll bet your garden is calling you to tend to it ;) Mine sure is ... and I'm so enjoying every minute in it.
Hugs,

Patsy said...

Thanks for the info on the factory.
Patsy

Ann said...

Just stopping in to say hello! it is a blessed day here! Church this morning with an excellent message, a little yardsale trip with Lori, a nap, and now I'm making a beef roast for dinner. Happy day! Sunny and breezy too. Blessings to you and yours.

Patsy said...

I got the book by Beverly Lewis The Englisher today.Did you know she has a new one out The Secret?
I have an award for you if you like at my place.
Patsy

sparrow's song said...

you shared,
how sweet it is to step away from this world and sit at Jesus feet.

I know what you mean by drinking in the Word. Sometimes I can feel the excitement that wells up within me as the Word is being taught.

God bless you!!