Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year, 2009!



"O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth." Isaiah 24:22.

Doesn't that say it all! My heart immediately latched on to this beautiful scripture when I came across it.

Typing 'Happy New Year, 2009!' was kind of like holding a brand new book in my hands. Remember the feel and smell of a new book....oh how special and inviting! I hope this new year holds within it salvation for many who are lost and believing this world's lies. The biggest lie of all is that most everyone will get into heaven. Only those who hear how Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day, and will repent of their sins and pray to God for his salvation will enter heaven. Then their names will be written in the 'Book of life'. Check this out in your Bibles if you are not saved and don't think you need to be.

Here's another lie Satan and this world feeds us... Eat this sugary stuff...its good for you.(A praise here, I've lost 10 pounds over Nov/Dec not eating much flour or sugar, and I'm eating great and feel so much better!) (I think I weighed this when I got married) Or, You can do whatever you want...its ok, you're an adult and its 2009. What a year of choices...but how good wisdom is. She safely guides us along...and the best wisdom is God's wisdom, found in The Holy Bible. Oh how much he means to me! I am so thankful for his gift of salvation to this saved by grace...sinner. Only for a while though! I'm on my way to heaven with the rest of the believers...big smile. How was our Christmas?

Well, it was a lot of fun...first off, we loved our church programs, exalting the Lord. And on the home front, I did way better with the cooking this time around. Last visit the kids were home for, we ate out a lot! This time I cooked every meal and enjoyed seeing that dining room table loaded with good things and our loved ones gathered around. One of our first meals together, our 4 year old grandson (soon to turn 5 in Jan.) said, after Papa's prayer, lets sing a song. So he led us in singing a hymn he knew...what was that? Can't remember just now. So before every meal after that we sang together. Thats a very special memory.

And for Christmas, our daughter and sil got us a Wii. You know what that is I'm sure...=). We've had a great time with it....virtual bowling and boxing and golf and yes, even tennis. Right after Christmas my husband came down with a virus...=(. Our daughter and her family left 2 days before Christmas, so they could travel home and be there for Christmas with just their 2 little ones...before sil's family came to have Christmas.

Now that things have slowed down, we are having some company over and are enjoying our Christmas trees. Yesterday I cut out a skirt and sewed most of it together. I have the side seams and waistband to do yet today and am looking forward to completing it. I hadn't sewn in ages and am really enjoying it. Do you have trouble like I do finding skirts in the stores? I want to post a picture soon of the vase J got me for Christmas. Its a 'frog' type vintage green glassware and its beautiful and practical. I want to wish each of you 'A Blessed and Happy New Year!'

7 comments:

Karen said...

Happy New Year, Maggie Ann! Enjoy your Wii!! :-)
Karen

Saija said...

i'm so glad you had a time of rest and refreshment over Christmas ...

i'm thanking God for you ... and what a sweet sister you are ...

much blessing to you & your hubby in 2009!!!

Patsy said...

Good for you loseing some pounds. So glad you had a wonderful family Christmas and I do want to see the green vase.Hope husband is better. The Bennie is not up to par this move has got him down, but some rest will help him. I will not ask him to move or hang one more thing for a few days. lol

Dawn said...

Happy New Year to you, M!

Anonymous said...

To have your little grandson lead in hymn singing must have been the greatest gift of all. What a blessing.

And congratulations on your self-control. Isn't it so much more fun to sew for a smaller body? And, yes, I do have trouble finding skirts. I have two beautiful skirts waiting for me to lose about 15 pounds. I have not watched my eating over the holidays :(

Many blessings to you and your family for 2009, Maggie Ann! (I hope your husband is on the mend.)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! May God bless you richly in 2009!

Ann said...

Happy New Year! Beautiful Post!