Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook...



Outside My Window...
I am looking out my window right now...and see the maple trees rocking in the wind. The leaves are fluttering like little green and gold beings.It is a very cold blustery, windy day. The leaves are swirling and the wind has an excitement in its patterns. Rush, and quiet, rush and quiet.

I am thinking...
I need to look for a different skirt to wear to revival meetings tonight. This one encourages static!

I am thankful for..
A beautiful time with our daughter and two grandsons. We had some glorious times of laughter and talking and loving. Also, our daughter is driving back down south today, a 9 hour trip. Ahead of her van, a pick-up truck lost its hitch ...then the tail gate came off the truck. She was able to avoid getting hit or running into those things. Also the truck bed was full of rocks and things which kept coming off. She was thankful to God for his protection! Me too!

From the kitchen....
A cup of cranberry/blueberry juice, heated. How delicious...A pork roast is in the oven.

I am wearing...
A pleated black & white check plaid skirt, black tights, and a blue long sleeved tee with a necklace I crafted.

I am creating...
More jewelry on the dining room table.

I am going...
To revival meetings tonight at our church. We go to a Bible teaching, Baptist church. How blessed I am and everyone is who will open their hearts to the word of God.

I am reading...
Glad you asked...smile. I just checked out The Trilogy...'Yukon Quest' by Tracie Peterson. I'm on page 8...and looking forward to reading more. What a great time of year to get cozy with a great read.

I am hoping...
My daughter gets home safely and that the children continue to travel well.

I am hearing...
The wind, even with the hum of the computer. I am smelling...delicious pork roast aroma.

Around the house....
Hurray, I got caught up on the ironing today! Two episodes of 'Little House on the Prairie' did the trick. Poor Mary got kicked by the horse and had to have two operations.

One of my favorite things...
Soap and water...I know it sounds silly, but oh the luxury of being able to lather up with scented goat soap and get squeaky clean.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...
A bit of mending and, tackling my craft room...again and, reading!!! (typed with joy)and, spinning and knitting. My daughter brought me a gift of a wonderful book of knitted toy patterns. I've bought yarn to start knitting the monkey...lol.

Here is a picture that I'm sharing...me watching Sara, rooting for her in my heart and praying.~~~You will find more Daybook Journals here~~~


7 comments:

Mindy said...

Thanks for visiting Shore's End. I really enjoyed your daybook. Praise God for his protection for your daughter on the road! I enjoyed browsing your blog. Nice to mee you!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Praise God for His protection on your daughter. How scary! :(

I love cranberry blueberry juice but haven't had it in a long time.

I love revival meetings!

Have a great week crafting! :D

Mrs. Mac said...

Maggie Ann ... I so enjoyed reading your daybook entry. Praising God for the safety of your daughter and her wee ones on the trip home. How nice you had a visit with them. The pork roast made my mouth water :) ... I hope you have a great turnout of newly saved souls at the revival meeting tonight.

Hugs from the North Woods.

Karen said...

Oooooo...a warm rice pack! That sounds great. I'll have to try that. :) Thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoyed reading your daybook, and browsing around. You have a lovely blog. I especially enjoyed reading your testimony at the bottom. We are sisters in the Lord! :)
God bless!
Karen

Karen said...

Hello again,
Your blog is really lovely~~stop by my blog, 'cause I have an award for you!

Karen

Saija said...

i love your daybook journalling ... i can just picture all these images ...

blessing on you dear Maggie Ann!

Sweet Woodruff said...

You shared a sweet daybook. It gave me a sense of peace, needed this morning.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and go back because I posted the rest of the pictures.

I LOOOOOVE PN and wish we could move there. I would probably freeze though. LOL