First a little look at 'Bright Lights' cosmos, which I love. I've a whole bag of seed I collected from them last year ready to plant. Do you plant cosmos?
- Well, then, here we go. I've been tagged by a wonderful artist friend over at 'Paper and Pearls'. Isn't that a pretty blog title?
- What was I doing ten years ago? Well, I was a happy homemaker then learning to do stained glass I think. My daughter was living & eventually married in another state. I was missing her a lot! I played the violin a little for fun and loved to read and do needlework.
- What is on my 'to do' list today? I want to do some laundry, & tidy up all the flat sufaces that attract clutter as if they were magnets. I did that. I want to practise my cello. I started taking lessons as an adult going on 6 years ago. Something else I want to do today is nap. I stayed up waaaay to late last night! You know that Google home page that has over 200 add-ons to choose from? Well, I'll let you guess the rest of the story..smile. I am looking forward to trying the radio station from Israel. I know..it probably won't work. Well, then in that case, I'll try the newspaper headlines from Israel and Ireland. Doesn't that sound interesting? I like the memory match games & word def' game too. Ok...back to the 'tag'.
- Snacks I enjoy.....I love to slice and eat red and yellow peppers with a little salt. I love oranges and alas....anything sweet. Spice gumdrops are at the top of the list and I purposely avoid them or else I'll be wearing them! One more fav thing to eat is a tropical pudding with orange slices for garnish. Oh eating is such an enjoyable past time...grin. You know you'd have to agree!
- Things I would do if I were a Billionaire. I would give back to the work of the Lord in our home church and missons with a glad heart. What a joy it would be to send funds for food to somehow reach the Haitians of which some (I read) are making cookies out of dirt, oil and I forget what the third thing was to have SOMETHING to eat to stop the hurting from hunger. I would pray for guidance! I think of what the scripture says, better to have just enough, not too little or too much. What wisdom in God's word!
- Three of my bad habits...This should be easy! 1. Procrastination, which I am working on. 2. Not being consistent with laundry, mending etc. (I very much dislike mending and have a bunch piled up always, and I buy things that need a little altering if the price is right) (it seems like a wonderful idea at the time..grin). 3. Staying up too late at night, which is my time to relax...relax...relax!
- 5 Places where I have lived....Well, I'm just going to say I've lived in the same state all my life. I have lived in only 3 different towns that are all about 25 minutes apart. I'm very much a small town girl...and love my roots.
- 5 Jobs I have had....Well now, lets think back in time. I haven't worked outside the home since I was married except for a couple of part time cleaning jobs that didn't last that long. First I worked in a bakery/restaurant as a waitress while still in high school. I later worked as an assistant to the secretary of the chief of police. Come to think of it, the first year we were married I worked at the court house too. For 2 years I worked in a factory that made Christmas wrapping paper. That would have been before the secretarial job & the court house.
- 5 People who write interesting blogs I'd like to tag, I'm going to give you a break here and ask for volunteers please. I'd LOVE to read about your life! Please let me know if you will be 'tagged'. It really is fun.