Saturday, March 08, 2008


Saturday night....and tomorrow is Sunday. A day of blessings in the Lord.
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God."
"The same was in the beginning with God".
"In Him was life, and the life was the light of men."
"All things were made by him and without him was not anything made that was made."
"The light shineth in the darkness and the darkness comprehended it not".
"To as many as received him to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name....."
from the 1st chapter of the book of St.John..learned by heart, and precious.

4 comments:

sparrow's song said...

Those portions of precious scripture you posted are among my favorite of favs. Whenever I feel at a loss, I turn my thoughts to those particular passages that give me strength in the knowledge that HE was, and is, and is to come. Everything is ordered by Him with nothing left to chance.

My favorite to whisper into the dark just before I close my eyes...

I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.

John 11:24-26 ...learned by heart as well from the KJV translation. *smile*

Saija said...

your picture and the accompanying scripture - just flow with warmth ... God's love towards us, while we were yet sinners!

blessings on you!

Mrs. Mac said...

Pure sweet scripture. I like your new format. My time for blogging is limited as of late ... hubby was home and I have my sweet grandson to watch several days a week. We still have snow ... but I'm hoping this gives me time to plan a garden ;) Nothing too big ... just something to putter in during the summer.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful and peaceful picture :o)