Saturday, November 03, 2007


I wish we had a cat to enjoy....my husband found a SNAKE.....in our front flower bed! What keeps snakes away I wonder? Sorry its been a week since I've posted....my husband has been home more and we've been busy. My sister-in-law is in a rehabilitation hospital, still not allowed up but we are hopeful the Lord will restore her health. If you've prayed for her, thank you!!!!~~~ Plus...I took the time to cut out glass and grind the edges all ready for foiling to make a new stained glass window hanging. Almost 70 pieces. I've been wanting to make one for a long time now. Its been almost 3 years since I've done any stained glass. I think this one is going to be a beauty! Peach & white frosted glass for the background and the design is mostly lavender & blue.
My husband is reading aloud to me right now, so I need to close. Another book by Robert Whitlow...=). Won on ebay, no less!
Thanks for coming by to visit me...I'm thinking of you all tonight and hoping for you a blessed Sunday.
"But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him. Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah. Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD." Psalms 3, 4 & 5.
I'm trusting in Jesus Christ for my all, on earth now and in eternity too. Oh how sweet to trust in Jesus!

7 comments:

Marie said...

Hi Maggie,

I think owls keep snakes away. I don't think you need buy a pet owl. You can get a plastic one!

Marie

Ann said...

Hello! We had a blissful Sunday and after good serman this morning! Visited wtih Paul's mother and step father tonight. We just told her about the baby tonight. You'll have to show some pictures of your stainded glass project. Sounds fun. I'm going scrapbooking Friday night so I have to get ready for that this week. Fun Fun. I go away next week on a business trip. the 14th to the 17th. boss will be here on the 12th. Will be a long week but good for the business. Blessings to you. Reading aloud sounds so fun to do together.

Amy said...

ooooh a snake? That's one thing I'm glad we don't have here!

Sharon said...

The cat would have enjoyed the snake.........love the picture you posted and my husband does stained glass and I love every thing he makes.

TO BECOME said...

Oooh, I hate snakes. I hate that you found one in your flower bed. We have found 2 or 3 in our home over the past 40 years here. That is a real scare.

I know you can buy those little twirly things on a pole that blow in the wind, that is suppose to keep snakes away. I am not sure they work though. It seems to me like snakes go where and when they want.lol.

I hope your sister-in-law get along alright.

What a nice husband to read to you. One of my sons reads to his wife all the time. I think that is great. connie from Texas

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Maggie Ann...it has been a while since we have touched base!! I need to come and visit you more. I am working more and more now so it gets harder for me. You don't remember the old phones? Hm...It says on your profile that you are something like 251 years old!! WOW that is definitely older than me!! smile. Glad that you stopped by...Sandy

sparrow's song said...

Hi, Maggie Ann. I run in spurts of being online as well.

"But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him. Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still.

I love this. It sings of intimacy with the Lord to me and encourages me to adore Him with affectionate thoughts as I go throughout my day. Thank you for that. Which brings to mind...(Philippians 4:7-9) To think on whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely and of good report, is to stay focused on Christ because He is all those things and more rather than to think on positive things such as happy puppies and fluffy bunnies which is man's idea of channeling secular happy thoughts. The first brings the peace of God while the second only changes a mood.

Your SIL:
As I pray, I'm thinking that God has her right where He wants her. Ironically, when we're flat on our backs we often have a more time than we'd like to ponder life.

you shared:
I took the time to cut out glass and grind the edges all ready for foiling to make a new stained glass window hanging.

I look forward to seeing the progress of your new project. Any specific pattern or image in mind? I need to get busy about my sewing clothes and dolls. But, the good news is that I've been diligent about my cross stitch.