Monday, September 17, 2007


This is our orchid that is blooming. I wish the picture were better. Our camera (Sony Cybershot) just doesn't take the quality pictures it used too. Maybe next year we'll upgrade. This orchid was a Mother's Day gift last year...and the color is very vivid...and gorgeous. It bloomed for months on end...then rested several months and is back to business for me....=). One of the other orchids is sending up a flower shoot now. My orchid book says once the flowers are open.
...if you allow it to be in direct sunlight, it will fade their flower colors faster...but bright light is key.
I'm off to the treadmill....I have so much more energy from exercising its wonderful!
Please pray for my sister-in-law...'C'. She is in Intensive Care Unit with a blood infection and other complications.
And, if you knit, I happened onto this wonderful place. knitting daily dot com, if you sign up for their daily email, they give you access to their online site, full of beautiful knitting patterns to download...etc. I loved this site. The comfort shawl and the knitted rabbit & summer shawlette were ones I downloaded.
"For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield." Psalm 5:12. We cannot go wrong, laying our every hope and fear and confession of our weakness, and needs at Jesus feet. Remembering though, that his ways are not our ways, and where we see only a curtain of darkness and perhaps confusion, God is all wise, we must take his words to our heart and trust him for all. We can possess peace now...and have the assurance of divine provision for these trials AND eternal life when this vale has been passed through. We have a sweet woman in our church family, who has just completed chemo & radiation..and was at church yesterday, smiling and sweet....living faith in Him whose will she trusts and yields too... Lifting up a prayer for you today if you are walking in her shoes too.

9 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

Beautiful color of orchids! Lifting "C" up in prayer today. You have a way of making each little corner of your house look inviting and cozy. A true art. Hope you have a wonderful week Maggie Ann :)

sparrow's song said...

What beautiful flowers. In fact, the entire room is lovely.

Pausing to pray for your sister-in-law.

you shared,
"We can possess peace now...and have the assurance of divine provision for these trials AND eternal life when this vale has been passed through."

So often we run or hide from pain. But as believers, we have the promise that God will be with us through every storm and trial. I don't know how the unbeliever manages to keep sane without God.

I find it interesting how God sandpapers and polishes us through trials. In the moment, it's uncomfortable or unpleasant but afterwards we can see the change in us and it's worth it.

Blessings to you, Maggie Ann.

TO BECOME said...

The orchid is more than beautiful. I hope you are able to enjoy it for many days. I know it will brighten your life.

I pray you sister in law gets better soon. May God bless and keep her.

Thank God for people who come through the trials of life with a smile and thanking the Lord. connie from Texas

Saija said...

thanks for brightening my day!

blessings on ya!

Dawn said...

Beautiful orchids, Maggie Ann...

smilnsigh said...

Your orchid is lovely. And I can see that it's a wonderfully vivid color. It's so hard for me to comprehend that orchids can be grown. :-)

But then, no orchid ever mastered the art of living with me... the {sad to say} one with the very *black thumb* for growing things. ,-)

Mari-Nanci

Ann said...

The orchid is truely beautiful. We see God's love in all the wonders around us. Prayers coming for you SIL 'C'. Let us know how she is doing. I have a new swap friend who thought you might like to swap with her. She is new at ATC and is excited to share with others. Her name is Beth. Her husband just lost his father last month and they are sad at the moment. So keep them in your prayers also. I think the friendship is helping her. Just let me know and I can give you her email address and you can email her privately. If not that's okay too! Blessings to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

I have missed coming here :o( I have been busy with Montana starting pre-K and then he got sick the first week and missed almost a whole week of school. I knew it would happen since it is a new environment and he has never been exposed to any type of daycare or school before so lots of fun new germs to deal with. Hope all is well with you and that the weather is being good for you. It is still in the 90's here....yuck! I want some cool fresh air so I can open the windows. I knew when I got over here to your blog you would have lovely pics and plenty of eye candy. And of course it is always soothing to read your posts. Love all you latest collage pieces but that WS tryptich is my favorite. Love the color and of course who doesn't love bird stamps :o)

p.s. Your sister-in-law will definetely be in my prayers. Hugs!
Have a wonderful week :o)

Mrs. Darling said...

I not only love the orchid I love the room its sitting in!

I get so bored on the treadmill so Ive started walking around my block several times a day. It feels good!