Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I think we need a bright cheery clip art for this rainy day, but reconsidering this one, these children look scared...maybe of that big bee flying nearby! Love the style of the card, don't you? Sort of Sunbonnet Sue-y. The heavy rainfall woke me up this morning...and the water pressure is low, that's always a bad sign....often indicating a water break somewhere. We have a lot of old pipes in our area and water breaks are nothing new to us....but oh how we dread them. Yesterday went by like a flash...while shopping a bit we came across a 'give-a-way' bargain. We brought home a wicker set, settee, 2 chairs and a darling footstool for under $50. Where else but at our Ollies. We put the settee in the bedroom and will use the 2 chairs on the porch. I'll have to get a picture of the settee posted. Right now, I need to get going and wash my hair in case the water pressure takes an even bigger nose-dive. Then get my cello out. Today is my lesson and I want to get focused in on it. Hope you have a great day...something tells me its probably raining where you are too! In between rain bursts maybe we can get out and about. I sure hope so!

"Days are filled with sorrow and care, Hearts are lonely and drear; Burdens are lifted at Calvary, Jesus is very near

......Cast your care on Jesus today, Leave your worry and fear; Burdens are lifted at Calvary, Jesus is very near

.......Troubled soul, the Saviour can see, Every heart-ache and tear; Burdens are lifted at Calvary, Jesus is very near."

chorus...Burdens are lifted at Calvary, Calvary, Calvary; Burdens are lifted at Calvary, Jesus is very near." hymn written by J.M.Moore


"Cause me to hear thy loving-kindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust; cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee." Psalm 143, verse 8.

4 comments:

sparrow's song said...

Hm, I need a chair for the bedroom but dh seems to be dragging his feet after he made that commitment. Enjoy your new bargains.

It's been raining for a few days and I've been sick. Today I'm doing better and had a chance to vacuum the rugs. I hope the pipes are something they can fix quickly and inexpensively.

Sharon said...

You did so good on the wicker set price wise and now you will have a new look in 2 rooms. What fun when we find that something special and can put to good use. Looking forward to a picture of both rooms. Have fun, be good, and God bless

Amy said...

Sound like you found some great bargains!

Ann said...

It is raining here! but it is a nice change from the heat and humidity we usually have this time of year. I opened my envelope and loved what I found. They are beautiful. I hope you found the same. Let me know!