Sunday, August 05, 2007


Happy Lord's Day Morning to us all. Just thought I'd made a quick post, especially to thank you if you prayed for my hubby and I about our dental surgeries. The Dr. said the procedures went excellently. My husband's time slot was an hour and a half and he was done much quicker than that. I won't give you all the details...smile. My surgery went well too. My mouth is 'packed' on the lower half of one side with pink bubble gum looking 'stuff' to cover the sutures. We go back in a week to be checked. On the way to the appointment we read and meditated on several psalms, stopping to sing hymns in between some of the verses. Praying and admitting to the Lord we were dreading these appts. All went so smoothly and was over rather quickly. In thinking about the blessing of the LORD later, while standing in the kitchen talking to my husband about it, the still small voice of God....said, 'I honor those who honor me'. It was a precious moment. It reminded me of the book I just read, (which is a wonderful read!!), where the girl finds something that disturbs her and is worrying away, and all of a sudden she feels calm inside. And, she says, 'Is that you God?'...She knew who it was...smile, the only one who can give us peace in the midst of worry. We have a busy day today, our church picnic is right after the services...always a challenge to get food ready though. And we celebrate the LORD's supper this morning. I love that! Sobering but beautiful...to know He ransomed me and loves me. Yesterday, after a groggy start, and my son's encouragement, I went to a community yard sale. There were so many cars you could barely drive! However...ahem, I only spent about $23. and came home with a beautiful white woven bedspread for my son's room. (We've been looking for one, I have one on our bed and love it, but this one was $3.00 instead of $30...smile. And, a small electric fan for $1.50 to circulate air among my 3 pots of orchids. A tabletop grill for 2.50 for the patio...electric, which we used last night, it was fun to eat outdoors. A yellow shelf for my daughter...which I will post a picture of tomorrow. Better run & get ready..ooops, and put on a pot of water to cook the ravioles. You'll have to guess at that spelling ok? Have a great day, enjoy this beautiful day with me!
"Have you any room for Jesus, He who bore your load of sin?...As He knocks and asks admission, Sinner, will you let Him in? Room for Jesus, King of glory! Hasten now his word obey; Swing the heart's door widely open, bid Him enter while you may. C.Williams

5 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

What a sweet post. And I so enjoyed the remembering of "the still small voice" we often overlook in our busy schedules. I'm pondering the idea of finding a smaller church to attend. One that isn't so large you never see the same people on Sunday. That small still voice, perhaps is nudging me to get connected in the community.

artfulstampin said...

Hi maggie! Sorry I've not "popped" by for a while. Thought you'd like to know about this... http://saltfaithchallenge.blogspot.com/ and hope you can join in sometime!

TO BECOME said...

I am so glad you and your husband's surgeries went well. I will pray that you continue to heal without any complications. Sounds like you did good at the neighborhood sale. I wish you a happy and pain free week. connie from Texas

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your awesome post today. I was looking for something that would make today seem brighter, and your post did just that. I love God's still small voice, it is so comforting.
Today I'm scheduled for an EMG (muscle testing) and I don't really look forward to being a pin cushion. Thank-you again and God Bless. Love, Gramma_s

Mrs. Darling said...

Hey there's nothing like a garage sale find! LOl

I notice you didnt post the name of the book you are reading. Was there a reason for that? Or do inquiring minds get to know!