Monday, October 09, 2006



Hmmm, I'm wondering, will 'Blogger' ever get this right? They published my entire post this morning to the wrong blog. I had another blog I used to practise putting things in my sidebar in...which I just deleted and here I am starting a post over again. I like the empathy in the 'kitty cats' face in the picture. I'm just starting the morning and decided to see if our son had emailed or anything. I'm reading the 2nd chapter of Peter and this is my verse for the day..."Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile (deceit) and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby; If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious." verses 1-3.

He is wonderfully gracious. The older I get, the more I am acutely aware of my shortcomings and sin nature and God's purity, power & holiness. Remember when Ruth went into the threshing floor at night and lay at Boaz's feet and she said to him..'spread therefore thy skirt over thine handmaid; for thou art a near kinsman.' Thats how I am, I asked God for forgiveness of my sins and to be a close relative of his, and he said if I was honest with him and truly sorry for my sinful condition ....he says to me and to all..."though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow". Isaiah 1:18. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. (from hell!). Romans 10:9 Ah, sweet forgiveness, awesome salvation through faith, by grace! The only sin that will keep people out of heaven...is to reject the Saviour and his offer of salvation....no money involved...no intercessors but Christ himself. Satan deceives many with church traditions...etc. Like gracious Boaz, the Saviour welcomes those who come in repentence to him, and says..."All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out." St. John 6:37 If you have never accepted Jesus as your personal Saviour, and the Holy Spirit of God is speaking to you right now through this portion of scripture and testimony, I urge you to bow your knees before him and be saved. The sands of time are running swiftly by for us all, lets be ready to meet our God...and with joy! Immediately after death we will give account of how we lived but there will be no comdemnation for the redeemed. And then, eternal joy!

10 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Great altar call Maggie Ann. I have been a Christian for 35 years now and it was the BEST thing that I ever have done in my life here on earth. I have never and will never regret that I accepted the Lord into my heart on May 14th 1972.
Thanks for your great post!!
Sandy

Mrs. Mac said...

You are so right about church "traditions" and being deceived! Great message ... may God use it to reach some souls.

Mrs. Darling said...

Great post maggie. I accepted the Lord into my heart at age 6, that woudl be 40 years ago. I wonder sometimes what God feels about my spiritual growth in 40 years. Does he get as frustrated with my slwo growth as I do Tinks? If only I had His patience. Thanks for your words of encouragement on my blog.

Mary said...

Hi Maggie Ann, I agree with your statement about Satan deceiving many with church traditions. Your posts are always so encouraging. Thank you for sharing your faith. You have the wonderful gift of making it simple for unbelievers to understand.

Saija said...

such a sweet and straight forward gospel message ... written with obvious love ...

i'm so glad we are sisters in the Lord ... of that same family, saved by the blood of the lamb ...

one day we may even meet in the air, wouldn't that be the best of celebrations?!!!!

blessings on you dear one ...

Terry said...

Dear Maggie-ann...the last week in June, 1967 I will never forget.
This was when I wanted to be saved so bad and was having a really hard time to "believe".
I just had to give up finally.
I knew I was a sinner but I just couldn't believe enough.
I told God that I would just have to go to Hell because that is where I belonged and I told Him that He was just too far away.
Then I read Luke 15 about the prodigal son and when I came to verse verse 20, I read, "And he arose, and came to his father.
But when HE was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck and kissed him."
That is when I saw it.
I was the one that was far away!!Not God!
The Lord was there all the time just waiting for me and I sure did take Him!!
I have never regretted being saved and although I have often wandered away, I know that the Lord is always with me and I will NEVER be lost again!
I remember that summer evening as I was just talking to the Lord, I saw the moths were throwing themselves against the closed glass window trying to get inside to the light and I know it sounds silly but I said to those guys..You will never get in THAT way.
Someone has to break the glass in between you and the light.
It dawned on my soul then that the wall of sin that had been separating me from God was broken down by the precious blood of Jesus that was shed for me.
That is when He broke down the wall and I came to God, who was waiting to take me into His loving arms forever!

I agree with Sandy..It was the best deal I ever made in my life...I gave Him MY sins and He gave me HIS forgiveness!

Thank you for giving us this chance to tell you about our second birthday Maggie-Ann
It sounds like a testimony meeting!.....Love Terry

Dawn said...

Wise words well said. My mother tells me I asked Jesus into my heart when I was 3. I wish I remembered it. I have always wanted to be what He wants me to be. I am sure I fail miserably at times. But He never fails!

Mary said...

Hi Maggie Ann,

It is Mary again! "Immediately after death we will give account of how we lived but there will be no comdemnation for the redeemed." Can you do a little bible study/teaching on this for me? I know the bible says we will give account for every idle word and the bible also says we are forgiven when we confess and repent. So will we give account for those words that we have confessed with a repentant heart and been forgiven? Just seeking some wisdom and understanding on this. Thanks!!

Mindy said...

Great Post Maggie Ann!! So encouraging, just think someone maybe has come upon this post, and the Spirit of God has been dealing with them, and said the sinner's prayer and just made Jesus Lord of their life!! Praise the Lord my friend!!

Mary said...

Hi again Maggie Ann,

Thank you so much for your reply and the bible verses. I always tell people to look it up and read and study it for themselves. You said immediately after death we would give account of how we lived. Can you do some more bible study with me on this? My email is basketdoll2002@yahoo.com
Thank you Maggie Ann, I appreciate your willingness to help others grow in their knowledge of God and His Word!