Friday, October 20, 2006


Here is the arrangement our decorator friend came up with and she wants to keep the chairs black and suggested the black picture frames and a few pieces of black pottery here and there...not to much just some. I love what she has done. Notice the little things on the window sill..all angled toward the table and very Victorian. I was off on a shopping trip this afternoon ...off to JoAnn's fabric store...what a wonderful sale they had. Scads of things were 50% off. My friend told me what kind of fabric to buy to make a more 'elegant' skirt for this table and some bolster pillows. Next week I should have them finished and be posting a picture of that. And, Elizabeth, sorry....the flowers are pretty but they are silk....smile.

"Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, Just to take him at his word;
Just to rest upon his promise; Just to know, thus saith the Lord."
Chorus; Jesus, Jesus, how I trust him! How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! O for grace to trust Him more! "Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus"
Lousia Stead/William Kirpatrick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! The table is very pretty with the chairs. What a blessing to have a friend who is a decorator!! I look forward to seeing your new pillows and table skirt when they are completely!

I will pray your stomach is feeling better for the retreat. Have a wonderful time!

In Christ,
Karen

Terry said...

Dear Maggie-ann
I just love that round table!

When Betty and I were living together before either of us were married, she used to buy hide away tables like that at K-mart and she would make the table clothes and the skirts for them.
She would make our little apartment look like a doll house.

I am all thumbs when it comes to sewing...
I rememeber one year Betty tried to encourage me to go to a beginners sewing class.
Even though she was already a great sewer, she came with me to the class.
I will never forget the last day of the class our techaer had a little party for us all.
And that teacher took all my feelings of being stupid away by saying...Yummy...Some people can't sew but some people sure can COOK!!
I had made the goodies for the party and that really made me feel nice when she said that.
Of course, I failed THAT class.
But a least my cooking was number one!!
Ha!!...Love Terry

I hope that you will be feeling well soon Maggie-ann.
We can't afford to have you feeling so sick that you won't be able to blog and I love your blog site!