Monday, September 04, 2006


This is day 13 of my jounal..I'm way ahead of this now but got behind posting. Yesterday had some delicious moments in it. After church I gave my friend a Birthday gift which I knew she would love and she did...=). Her gift was a special hat...tan wool with flowers sewed into the side, with tan netting down over the front brim. You know, like some feminine treat from another era of time. That was so much fun!! And then later on after the evening service we had a 'cake & coffe' fellowship for a dear couple who are moving to another state with thier adorable baby girl. The jounal collage I've pictured here reminds me of the good time we had at our end of the table over cake & tea..etc. The Three Daisies describes us well, (only there were 4 of us). If we had had a laugh meter...it would have been busy! Oh the blessings of Christian friends...what joys! Good preaching, good fellowship...each so important in our lives. Bringing the light of the gospel and the truth that... "every good & perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning". James 1:17 ..oh how I love that verse. One of the 'Daisies' always shares with me...things God is teaching her. Wisdom I need to 'listen up' too and meditate on. Thank you dear God for my friends, whom I love to be with!

"For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." 2 Corinthians 4:6

I'm thankful for the blessing of my blogging friends too. For those of us who are born-again...we are 'family' for all eternity. What a beautiful thing to remember. Wishing you a nice day =) !

1 comment:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Beautiful journal page. Friends are so wonderful aren't they? I'm glad yours loved her birthday present!