Tuesday, September 26, 2006



Here are my spinning results so far and I'm still loving it! The wool roving is softer than you can imagine and I have spun a 5 1/8 oz. ball of single twist yarn. or (149g) This lovely chocolate color is the natural color of the sheep's wool. (clicking on the picture will enlarge it & you can see the wonderful texture) Well, its been a long evening. First my cello lesson and then string participation group which lasts an hour and a half, so I'm one tired gal. Hope you've had a good day, and will join me in praying for our troops, especially those in the face of danger. Goodnight....

"The love of God is no mere sentimental feeling, it is redemptive power. Charles Morrison.

11 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

Yes, I agree we must keep our troups covered in prayer(s)! The brown color, being natural, is so lovely and warm. I thought you may have colored it.

Anonymous said...

you're right - that IS a lovely chocolate brown, and it looks so soft and warm! =)

J-Lynn said...

That just looks heavenly! What a great job...

Dawn said...

Beautiful yarn. You are so talented.

Dawn said...

It looks so lovely...love the color.

Saija said...

i can hear the whirr of the spinning wheel ... brings back memories ...

Terry said...

Dear Maggie-ann..Everything looks so soft!!
When I looked in on your blog last night, I couldn't see the picture..just red x's and boy NOW that I DO see it...was I ever missing something!!So lovely!! I will carry this picture in my mind while I am driving the many miles to work!!!...Love Terry

Marlene said...

It looks lovely Maggie.

rachel said...

...you are right, the texture and color up-close is very warm!

Hmmm, there must be a trick to keeping your hands and fingers soft and limber after hours of cello and spinning. :o)

Marie said...

Beuatiful. I want to knit it.

Amy said...

what lovely wool! I can just imagine with winter coming up what lovely items you can make with that to stay cosy :-)