Saturday, July 29, 2006


Like the quote from Tale of Two Cities...I can say, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times". The day started off getting up at 6:30 a.m. for a dermatologist apt. where we waited over an hour to see the Dr. Then the Dr. & his Phy.Asst. Ahh..yes, they tried to intimadate me into having a certain mole removed...implying I am carrying around a loaded gun. (If the thing changes at all, yes I would have it removed but its been ok all these years, praise the Lord) I refused and they refused to drop the subject for about 10 minutes. After that a mamogram that they suggested I reschedule...another story. Now for the 'best of times' part of my day. We stopped at our favorite bookstore later and I got a wonderful decorating/homemaking book which has given me much pleasure already. I kind of felt guilty spending $10.00 for it, but after enjoying it for only 20 minutes or so, the guilt was replaced by joyfullness. My favorite quote of the week is this one, I may have already posted it but here it is again..." My home is in your eyes"....by Abraham Lincoln to Phil. Who is Phil? anyone know? I hope it was his child.... I also got this great scrapbooking magazine lately and am itching to try it out. Hope your day is downright wonderful and you do something special that you really enjoy. I have to run to the library & return my books. Then, there's the wedding altered CD to make. ~~~~I love the verse in my sidebar about being quickened...made alive in Christ...being aware of God..... being 'born again'....a new creature in Christ....being in the center of his love. "Open to me the gates of righteousness; I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD...."Psalm 118:19a

5 comments:

HomemakerAng said...

believing with you for a great report from the Dr.!

Saija said...

good for you for doing what you want to do re the mole! :o) that is one wonderful thing about maturing, we don't get bullied as easily ...

just getting caught up on your posts ... i am really pooped out today, i think i am fighting a cold (everyone around here seems to have a summer cold) ... hope it doesn't come on until after my monday appt. ... i'm all ready to get a tooth pulled at the age of 52!

*hugs* to you and blessings on the rest of your weekend!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Always uplifting place to come. Just go read Maggie Ann's post and you seem to feel better. Thanks friend..Sandy

gramma_s said...

I enjoy your posts so much. Thank so much for commenting on my granddaughters site the other night, it was so sweet of you. Have fun scrapbooking, I love to scrapbook. And picture albums I have by the score. MY excuse, if I only had one for each grandchild it would make over 50. :-)

Gina E. said...

I'm with Saija - leave the mole alone if it isn't bothering you. As for mammograms; I have never had one and will keep refusing to have one. I think more breast cancer is probably caused by squeezing delicate breast tissue in those machines, then subjecting them to X-rays.