Monday, May 08, 2006



This is my bouquet that is only a lovely memory now. I needed a picture to post and this allows me to enjoy the flowers again. I've had a great day. My china closet was a dust 'bowl' and so I carried everything to the kitchen and gave all the depression glass a sudsy bath. The top shelf holds the yellow glassware, the next one down the green and then the pink things I have. Not a lot by some standards but enough to keep me busy for an hour or was that 2?, soaping them up and rinsing just as fast as I could go...smile. Then I hung my new country/french plate rack and its just very satisfying to have gotten so much done. I'm sure you know just the very way I feel. I'd like every day or so to wash a wall or tackle a bookshelf and get the winter's worth of dust bannished from my castle. And if that wasn't satifying enough, I took in the shoulders of the dress I am wearing with my new Husqvarna Interlude sewing machine. It did a beautiful job, I couldn't believe how well the alteration turned out. Should I confess what supper is?? Hmmm, this is the first time in forever? that we have....did you guess? tv dinners in the oven. What fun....=). Hope you've had a good day...a day that minded its manners and was sweet to its mistress.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God; and they that hear shall live." St. John 5:25

10 comments:

Mindy said...

What a pretty bouquet...I love Queen Annes Lace, its so delicate looking, Sounds like you have been a busy bee, banishing dust from the castle!! LOL...its a never ending job isn't it...but i'm so thankful that I can do it!

Lulu said...

how lovely.

Naturegirl said...

I like that..banishing dust from your castle..I hope the tv dinners were served on your dusted clean china.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Thanks for visiting my blog once again. Our Lucy is okay I guess but her problem is still there even on drugs..bless her heart she takes her "drugs" really well!! Thanks for the complement on our cats. That picture I posted was before she had such long hair..just ask Lazy Daisy. Lucy thinks she is QUEEN here. Guess you need her at YOUR CASTLE!! smile!! What beautiful roses!!

Finn said...

Hello Miss Maggie, just dropping in to see how you are doing..*VBS* Was so nice, as always to see see your smiling face over at my place..*S*
The roses are just so incredibly beautiful...a sweet scented form of perfection. Always delights my senses..*VBS* Thank you for sharing. I know you will be enjoying the sparkle of all that clean glassware, what a good feeling.

Saija said...

as usual, i go away blessed and refreshed!

*smile*

Gina E. said...

Gosh, who would have thought that a simple suggestion about photographing flowers to preserve the memory, would have been taken so seriously? Not me - LOL! But these flowers are certainly worthy of the photo.
WOT? TV Dinners?? Never in my household! Well, maybe the odd chicken and chips from down the road...

HomemakerAng said...

hi maggie ann, sorry i have not posted in a while. i am on limited computer ability... have to wait till evening when hubby brings home laptop... flowers are gorgeous! hope all is well with you!
xoxo
ang

Tracey said...

Ooooooooh....I can almost *smell* them. VERY beautiful, Maggie. :o)

MaryMGlynn said...

Your roses are gorgeous on your blog. Very pretty!