Monday, March 06, 2006


Home, sweet home, is there any place quite like it? We had a great Sunday, heard a haunting message about Hell....something you don't want to think about but realize its as real as today...and anyone can trust Christ for salvation and never worry for one second about going there. The impact of that message has certainly stuck with me today. My husband said the same thing. Part of my blog is about sharing Jesus. I'm always so glad to know some of you are saved....and if God is speaking to you through his word... some who read this just may repent and be saved too. It's a grand thing to be a Christian. And, its necessary to get to heaven. And more than that....its how we abide with Christ here on earth. ......My day has been nice. Right now I am sleepy as all get out...smile. I've been trying to get to bed earlier. I am such a night owl, its true. My evening has been pleasant....playing my cello and reading Only the River Runs Free by Bodie and Brock Thoene. Its a very good read so far. I read my husband a few paragraphs while he ate supper and later in the evening...he came in the living room, you guessed it, reading my book! Now thats a mark of a good writer, when they can even interest your husband. Would'nt you agree? ....smile. This afternoon I started to make some earrings but found I didn't have the right pins. I need to buy some sterling silver...mine were too thick. I did put some charms on a charm bracelet for which I think I'm really too old to be wearing. What do you think? Does age factor in to it? My friend has one and wanted me to have one too, soooo finally I got it done and its a fun thing but will I wear it out? I don't know. Well, tomorrow is another day....blessings to all!

St. John 3:3 "Jesus answered, and said unto him, Verily, verily (truely, truely), I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God".

St. John 1:12,13 "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."


11 comments:

Mindy said...

What a wonderful post Maggie Ann...Thought provoking too! I'm so glad that i'm saved as is my loved ones...it is a blessing indeed....thank you for sharing your heart with us...a very tender message. Love your photo too...peaceful place to sit and ponder the Word. Blessings to you dear xo

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

A lovely post Maggie and thanks for showing us that most tranquil corner of your home. Look forward to seeing your plans get underway. Love a new project. Marion

Peggy said...

your posts are always heartwarming as well as the photos of your home. Thanks for the scriptures to ponder over today.

Kali said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kali said...

oops, sorry about that earlier post..i posted by mistake.

But I did want to say that I love the pictures of your home Maggie Ann ~ such a warm and welcoming place :)

Sigruns German Garden said...

Hi,
please can you post the recipe from Snickerdoodles for me? Thank you very much!

Sigrun from Germany

Saija said...

love the inviting living room picture ... i can imagine you reading your book in that cozy corner ...

and AMEN re knowing Jesus in a saving grace kind of way ...

lately i have been thinking of His return, as the world seems to spin faster and faster off kilter ... more and more i long for His return ...

blessings on your week ...

Marie said...

Wear the charm bracelet! And anything else you love.

Laurie said...

Dear Maggie,
Lovely corner of your home,I love the rocking chair. Thank you Maggie for your kind thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you...

Dawn said...

Maggie..I am reading that same series right now. In book three. DD brought the series of 4 home from the library for me to read while DH was away. I think that is quite the coincidence.
:o)

Lulu said...

What a cozy little place to knit/crochet or just daydream..:-)