Saturday, February 11, 2006


This is the place of honor for my little beauty from France. ( You can click on this picture to enlarge it. The Blogger medium size picture seems quite small.) Honestly, I am so tired this evening that I put my cello away after a very short practice time. I must have used up my energy cleaning house this afternoon. Well, its nice to remember that tomorrow is another day, Lord willing and not everything has to be done in one day. I have a peach pie in the oven and the timer is going off...be right back! As I was cleaning up the kitchen after supper, I was enjoying watching the show from Chocolate Town, up in Canada. There is a candy store named Ganong that specializes in chocolate candy and once a year they open up for the general public to come in and try their hand at 'hand-dipping' chocolates. The store only has 6 people that have the skill of hand-dipping. They also showed a pudding eating contest...all children -no hands, just those cute faces buried in plates of chocolate pudding. They had me laughing...A lot of good clean fun. Well, maybe not so clean, thinking that over...to much chocolate smeared from chin to cheekbones...= ). Hope you all have a blessed day of rest and worship. Here are some words of a hymn that I have to say, I don't know, but the hymnal is open here beside the keyboard and glancing over at it....the words are most appropriate and truthful, for my heart and this Lord's Day that is almost upon us.

Lord, I have shut the door, Speak now the word which in the din and throng
Could not be heard; Hushed now my inner heart, Whisper thy will,
While I come apart, While all is still. William M. Runyan

6 comments:

Peggy said...

I knew you would find the perfect spot for it!!! You have such a talent. Rest well my friend

Mindy said...

Great spot for it Maggie Ann!! Love your lamp too, very pretty. It looks like a peaceful corner!

HomemakerAng said...

I would love a bite of the pie please!!!

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Lovely picture, lovely posting! What a homely scene you portrayed. Marion

Lulu said...

how lovely..I love the little lamp also..

Lowa said...

I am so excited! I have most of those books:)It was so fun to see them in someone else's collection!!!

You have lovely things. Once I clear the clutter from my home, I will be able to enjoy all my lovely things also. I can't use the kids as an excuse too easily any more. They are getting much older now, but still. Being home all day adds to the mess.

I have bookmarked your blog and will rememeber to make time to come by and see how you are doing:)