Wednesday, December 07, 2005

On this cold wintery afternoon I have been doing some scrapbooking in my craft room...my two Thanksgiving pages inbetween ironing and decorating for Christmas. Using last years Mary E. calendar for some of it and lots of scrapbooking papers etc. I love the way time just stops for me when I begin to compare color against color. Its very relaxing and a privilege to be home with the time to hmmm....while some would say 'waste' I will choose to say, enjoy! I want to post more pictures of the house after I get finished with everything. The camera battery is low and just shut itself off! The rechargable batteries used to last so much longer....and now not long enough to suit me. I received a very very special hankie from ms*robyn and I love it. Thankyou...thankyou!! Please look for an e-mail from me ms*robyn. This is such a cold day, I'd love to just read the hours away or cross-stitch while watching/listening to a favorite movie like Little Women but I know I can't do that. Too many other things to do. In January it will be ok to do that....won't it? Leaving you with a quote from Helen Keller.."Many persons have a wrong idea about what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratifications, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose." God says..."Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding....v.15..She is more precious than rubies; and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her." Proverbs 3:13,15. Oh to have this mindset...and the maturity and peace to the mind wisdom can give us...may God help me to want what he wants me to have as I walk along this pilgrim journey. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

MaggieAnn - I received your email - thankyou so much for your lovely words. I am so glad that you like the hankie and had a little chuckly at the Laura Ingalls thought - although I will admit that I had a similar thought - my great Nan's name was Laura and I thought maybe, just maybe there could have been a Rose daughter but no -
so enjoy the hankie - it is with my love that I sent it to you xox
oh & and it is definately ok to take time to read - we must pamper ourselves and be 'selfish' sometimes - just wish I could take a leaf out of my own book ;) but we mum's never seem to do that do they?

Amy said...

I quite agree with you on those verses that's why I'm not the least bit interested in the hollywood celebrities etc as they seem to think money and fame is the bee all and end all of life but it's not. Remember that verse that says "store up for yourselves treasures in heaven and there your heart will also be..."? So true...

Kitty Couture said...

"may God help me to want what he wants me to have as I walk along this pilgrim journey"
Amen to that, Maggie! I am praying with you, along the same words.

For my own self I need to add to this prayer: May God help me find out what he wants me to have.

What a lovely picture once again. Your house is a haven of peace and you are a wise lady to enjoy it, one minute at a time...

Gina E. said...

Maggie, that stained glass is so beautiful! I loved stained glass windows. I bought a kit once, in order to paint some things in that effect, but after doing some bottles and jars, I lost interest.

Finn said...

Hello Miss Maggie, your photos are so lovely, very keeping the spirit of the season..*VBS*

I love that you are finding some time for yourself and what give you joy...for you I wish many happy, warm, peacefilled afternoons...*VBS*

sparrow's song said...

You shared,
"may God help me to want what he wants me to have "

There is the fruit of Joy from the Spirit to our spirit when we begin to line up willingly with His desires. More of Him and less of me. This is the only true happiness because we find our fulfillment and contentment in Christ.