Thursday, December 15, 2005

Its been a very busy day ...we are having a great time with our family. A special time. Just thought I'd hurry and post at the end of the day. I have so much I am thankful for tonight. At the top of the list is that the Lord's mercies in the weather. Even though we heard that there were fender-benders, the roads we travelled to the airport were pretty good and not icy. Psalm 103:1-2..."Bless the LORD, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits." God is watching us with tender compassion, are we responding to all his benefits of offered salvation? To know God is to have a relationship with our Creator through his son, Jesus Christ. Hope your Christmas is centered around Christ! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

sparrow's song said...

Is that a Precious Moment's Angel?

We have an angel we bought in Japan that we put on the top of the Christmas tree every year. But it doesn't go back in the box at the end of the season. The angel is put on the top of the Curio until taken down again in December.

You shared,
God is watching us with tender compassion, are we responding to all his benefits of offered salvation?

I love this..."watching with tender compassion." Sometimes I foolishly judge God to have my same sour mood in moments. I have to quickly repent of that! The enemy can whisper those lies and when entertained, we lose sight of who God really is and how He loves us. Let us refocus to Him this season and meditate on His goodness, righteous character, and gentle heart but always keeping in mind that He is as much a God of justice as well as love. There is none Holy as the Lord.

To know God is to have a relationship with our Creator through his son, Jesus Christ. Hope your Christmas is centered around Christ

Oh my goodness! A relationship with God? This is unheard of in many religions. But yes, it's not only possible but it's what He desires. We are blessed beyond measure. I could almost pop with pleasure knowing that He is mine and I am His.

I woke myself singing praise songs in my sleep. Then I laughed and my husband chuckled at me as he rolled over and went back to sleep. This morning we laughed about it again as we wrapped gifts.