Sunday, October 09, 2005

We've been home from church about an hour, and yes, I've got my cozy socks on = ). We had communion tonight and that is always so special. "That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you ; this do in remembrance of me". I Corinthians 11:24......How vital to know this Saviour of the world personally and be born again. To think the wonderful relationship Adam and Eve enjoyed with God in the garden of Eden was snuffed out when they willfully sinned....and now...because of Calvary.."Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.....I Cor.15:3,4. Because God so loved us, he sent his only begotten son....and the Word of God tells us so plainly that "as many as recieved him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name; Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God" St.John 1:12,13. And thats how we can have that same living relationship with God that Adam and Eve had way back in the garden. Don't you just love the truth of God. It hurts to admit God is right...I AM a sinner....but hallelujah! a born-again sinner...now, since I've confessed on my knees and in my heart...and long-ago now done that and asked and received new life in Christ. Tonight I went foward and knelt at the altar for just a bit to confess putting 'things' before my God, in the business of the week-end. I know I have his forgiveness. Now I can start off the new week, with God in his rightful place in my heart and mind...."Have thine own way Lord, have thine own way....Thou art the potter ...I am the clay....Mold me and make me...After thy will....While I am waiting....Yielded and still". Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sparrow said...

We had a communion service at church today, too. My family has been looking for a church and I miss doing communion the way I am used to--having it each week with a time to pray quietly before the elements are served. But at this church they did a whole service for communion today, so we got to take a little more time with it and make it special.

Saija said...

i miss not having a church ... we watched Greg Laurie on tv this morning and had our usual bible reading together, but it's not the same as fellowship with other believers ...

and the hymn you closed your post with ... i sing that OFTEN ... my stubborn pride needs to be reminded who is doing the molding of the clay ...

(hugs) and blessings to you, dear Maggie Ann!

Miss Robyn said...

I love that we can keep falling down and God is always there to forgive us. I admire how you know your Bible, MaggieAnn. You never know who you are touching with your posts - hugs to you xx