Tuesday, August 23, 2005

This lovely print is hanging in my computer/library room. It is titled...."The Accolade" by Edmund Blair Leighton. I have 2 other prints of his that I love also. It reminds me of those grand and glorious days when virtue and good character were supremely upheld and honered. I am blessed to own most of a collection of books by the author F.Marion Crawford. Does this name sound familiar to any of you? The first copyright of one of his books here at hand..."Via Crucis" meaning... "A Romance of the Second Crusade" is dated 1898. Oooh what a treat to read. Rich with description and plot and good and evil characters. I was looking in my folders for a picture of some needlework but couldn't find it and came across this. These truths of good and evil and virtue and deceit are the ingredients of the present world yet today. If you ever come across these books, pass them not by, but purchase them as a gift to yourself. Not all of them, but oh so many have become treasures in my collection. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Saija said...

i LOVE that picture ... and that dress ... wow ...