Thursday, August 25, 2005

I've been out to the garden just now and think these little tomatoes are worth bragging about = ). Someone that runs a bread and breakfast gave my husband oodles of gourmet tomato plants in the spring. You can see the stake that says 'golden peach'. These are soooo good. In the picture it is the yellow tomato to the left with the pink blush. the other round yellow tomatoes are 'silver fir'. They are small but delectable. I thought they weren't going to amount to anything and boy was I wrong. Tomatoes aren't my favorite thing but I've just signed on to 'Golden Peach's' fan club. Can you tell? = ). Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

nothing tastes quite so good as a home grown tomato. That is one thing that I am looking forward to, this summer

Calidore said...

I tried Silver Fir tomatoes last year and they are wonderful. If you want a really good "cherry" type tomatoe try "Tommy Toe". Not sure if it will be available in the States, but worth hunting for. The best flavour (and this is from someone who is not a fan of cherry tomatoes). The children eat them like lollies. Ahhh summer with all its bounty.

Ruth said...

how pretty and yummy looking! when hubby and i get our garden going in the backyard, i definately want to do tomatoes too =)