Saturday, July 30, 2005

A new apron is on the way. I've been so inspired by all the aprons I've looked at on so many blogs. I had it in the back of my mind to make myself an old-fashioned looking one. While browsing in Walmart I came across these iron-on transfers and had to have one. They are under a dollar by the way = ). Sooo, I ironed on this pretty crinloline lady (after tracing off an 'apron' on some sheeting I found in the sewing room. Embroidering is nice and low key....in a word, relaxing. Not as much fun as bullion roses, but I think I'll add a few of them in here too. Its Saturday, and I have so many things to do, I feel pulled in different directions. A long list of honey-do's, only they are for me this time! Well, as someone once said,' you can only peel one potato at a time'. I'm going to keep that in mind = ). Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Raehan said...

What a lovely apron, and an even lovelier blog.

Thank you for stopping by today! I love Boxers, by the way.

Saija said...

now this reminds me of being 14 years old and embroidering about 8 towels with cat pictures ... :o) ... i gave them to my dad, and when he died 4 years ago i noticed he STILL had them ... so now i have them again ...

Gina E. said...

I WISH we could get those Aunt Martha transfers here...Pam Kellogg tells me they are everywhere in the States, and for 99c a packet! I bought some on eBay a while ago, and paid an Aussie seller a fortune for them, because I was bidding against some other Aussies who wanted them as much as I did! The seller must have been to the USA and picked them up over there. She sure make a killing back here!