Monday, June 20, 2005

This typo-geneated burst of color is just kind of cheerful, don't you think so? I am reading "Mrs. Daffodil" by Gladys Tabor. She speaks of some of the church hymns (which I dearly love) bing pitched high enough for a canary to sing, (which is true) but oh, its lovely to hear those in the congregation who can reach those pitchs. Some of the things expressed in her wording, make me stop and read them twice, they are true and yet like poetry. And, of course, an occasional thing with which I disagree. All in all, her reading is, to me, very relaxing. I thought I'd read all of her books, but this is one I missed reading over the years. And contemplating the joys of reading is;....He ate and drank the precious Words --
His Spirit grew robust --
He knew no more that he was poor,
Nor that his frame was Dust --

He danced along the dingy Days
And this Bequest of Wings
Was but a Book -- What Liberty
A loosened spirit brings --
Jane Austen

 Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Saija said...

just popping by to give you a ((hug)) ... :o)