Monday, June 13, 2005

Oh Larkspur, you beautiful flower!! this plant is as tall as I am and a volunteer. I have always been intrieged by the wonderful blue-purples of this flower. They retain their color when dried also. I've made many a card from larkspur. You take a sheet of waxed paper a little bigger than the card size, and brush a water/glue mixture on it. I use a soft cosmetic brush. Next place your dried flower & leaves. You can use tweezers to gently pick things up and drop them where you want to place them. Next you separate a colored kleenex into 2 separate sheets, and ever so gently drop this on top of your waxedpaper with the glue mixture and dried flowers. Gently with the brush spread the glue mixture over the kleenex, brushing from top to bottom, it will cause the kleenex to form folds about 1/4 in. Let dry overnight and then trim and fold. These make such pretty cards. We have been really busy lately lending a hand to help our son remodel the family room downstairs. It is really turning out to be beautiful, but oh the work and money invested. Praise the Lord he gives strength for each day. We had our first Vacation Bible School session tonight. What a blessing to hear the children singing and memorizing God's word so happily. Psalm 9:1 "I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works." Posted by Hello

1 comment:

SuburbaMom said...

The flowers are beautiful. I'm sure the cards are pretty!