Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Busy days here, but am taking a few days off. We were in an antique store today and I found a pile of aprons for sale but none said 'buy me'. I did get a wonderful stock of doilies at 50 cents each. Oh, happy day!. I used to crochet doilies and I know how long it takes to complete one. It was interesting to stop at an old book store, meaning it has been around since our children were small. Over the years we filled the trunk of the car with books from this store several times a year. Does anyone remember the 'Trixie Belden series by Kathryn Kenny? This was an author we collected. Our girls each had their own bookcases and they were large ones. Oh how we loved reading. We didn't get 'tv' untill our kids were going to college. While at the bookstore, I got a 'chicken scratch' how-to booklet. The lady who owns the bookshop has this above the door, "I already used up my sick days so I'm calling in 'dead'. I'd like my 3 funeral days plus my week-end off". I thought this was funny, don't know if you will. :-). Anyway, its been a fun day poking amongst old china and old and gently used books. A day to remember. Psalm 145:3 "Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable." Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Saija said...

life is getting busy over here ... missing your peaceful blog ... i just came over for a peak before heading off to the salt mines in the park!

you made me smile ... thanx, Maggie Ann!