Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Oh so tired

We have been cleaning out our basement and how overwhelming is that! Lots of progress has been made, but still the enemy outnumbers us. Over the years, stuff accumulates, (I'm sure you know just what I mean). We also have new hobbies like stained glass and bulletin board supplies that we do at school, and sewing and lots of other stuff that is all not in the throw-away category but how to organize?? The sewing and glass room is under control pretty much but oh that garage. And, since we had the kitchen remodeled and love the results, I am reluctant to drag the excess bakeware (and stuff I rarely use)back to the cupboards. Sometimes I kind of envy the folks who had a simpler way of life and only 1 or 2 weeks worth of clothes to hassle with. Wow, this is complaining I do believe. On a more cheerful note, I admit to just buying a quilt book called "A Thimbleberries Housewarming" which has heart-warming small quilt wall-hangings that would look just right above my kitchen table. The question is, dare I start something I may not finish? It is so fun to start and somehow so routine to get sidetracked. Well, better go. Time for lunch and a bit of cello practice. The "triplets" are giving me trouble, I am either one beat ahead or one beat behind.

No comments: