Friday, November 12, 2004

Ollie's

Yesterday we got to shop at Ollie's discount store. I really enjoy their book section. We were able to get several really nice books. One is a children's series about talking animals. "Mole and Shrew are Two" by Jackie French Koller. About 50 pages with some hearty humor along the way. When our grandson gets a little older, we can enjoy them together. We have a rich heritage of reading in our family. One of our earliest book collections was the "Elsie Dinsmore" books. And the Gene Stratton Porter books. We used to go to every book sale we could, until the house just about can't hold any more books and our collections are pretty much complete anyway. My favorite author just now, is Linda Nichols. She writes amazingly good books. Three of them to date.....We just finished up a week of revival meetings at our church. We are wiser for them and admonished to be centered around the word of God which alone has the words of guidance and truth we need. There is indeed cleansing power in God and his word and Spirit that does not exist elsewhere. I never cease to be thankful that I have repented and received Christ as my own personal saviour.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Maggie Ann, you have a lovely blog. I was especially blessed by these words--"We are wiser for them and admonished to be centered around the word of God which alone has the words of guidance and truth we need. There is indeed cleansing power in God and his word and Spirit that does not exist elsewhere." I can only add my hearty Amen!