Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Lazy Me

We have been really busy around here. Our daughter and grandson came to visit for a week and we had a wonderful time. Once again, we went back to NYC. Our daughter had never been there before and she enjoyed it. I enjoyed it more than ever. They were getting ready for the elections and we walked around in the evening, under the waving American flags, taking in the Patriotic atmosphere, and the beauty of the preparations well underway, while high above us in the night sky, a lunar eclipse was taking place. Every time we walked to the end of each city block we stood and gazed upward in awe. When we went atop the Empire State Building, I could have gazed out over the sparkling city for hours or so I thought. The view was breathtaking. As we stood in line, going up...there was a couple from Amsterdam and a couple from Sweden ahead of us. When we asked for directions on the street, a couple told my husband they only spoke French. So...it seemed we touched shoulders so to speak, with people from around the world, who came to see the same wonderful tourist attractions that we did. I have stored up so many wonderful memories from our trip, our 3rd trip to NYC. By the time we arrived to take the ferry out to see the Statue of Liberty we found out we missed it by 20 minutes or so. But.....we were told about the free ferry and got that...it was so totally relaxing, unbelievablely beautiful and serene. "In everything give thanks", I never was one to like to travel, but I think that has just changed :-)....I'm keeping my suitcase dusted off just in case!!

No comments: