Thursday, July 08, 2004

The 4th of July and the return to the "Everyday"

What a great visit we enjoyed with our children and new grandbaby over the 4th of July. We always cram so much into our visits that it is exhausting. Sometimes I wondor why one of us doesn't just pack up and move closer, until I think of the wrench of pulling up our roots and how painful that would be. And.... my Mom is in a local nursing home and I love her dearly and wouldn't want to leave her behind either. And.... I would miss the pastoral scenery around here, upon which I feast my eyes and soul daily. And.... I would miss our church family.....you get the idea. .....We went to the big city for the 4th of July fireworks, and the crowd was so large, it made me uneasy. I am not a "crowd" person. "Give me elbow room cried Daniel Boone". Well, something like that anyway, you get the idea. I was glad to get back home, even thought it took two hours to get home instead of one because of the traffic snarl. Our 4 month old grandson was there for the big fireworks show with a large cotton-ball sticking out of each ear to muffle the noise abit. What an adorable little guy !!!!! He seemed to enjoy the show. Our daughter and son-in-law (wondor whoever coined that title ? ) have recently gotten a new van with the dvd player in the ceiling and how nice was that?? Let me tell you, it was a new dimension of pleasure. I never enjoyed watching "Beauty and the Beast" so much !!
Well, after just spending some time reading and enjoying someone else's blog, I'd better get down to the ironing board and clear my conscience for the afternoon. Yesterday was a blur of activity. I had two cello lessons and in between them I stopped at a sewing machine shop and had a nice time seeing demos and getting to know more about the shop and what they offer. I am going to stop back there next week if I have time and share my tatting know-how with another Grandma who makes heirloom dresses for her granddaughter and would like to trim them with tatting.
Leaving you with this,..."So it is, life is actually made up of our choices. We are the sum total of them, and if we hold to an attitude of love and thanksgiving for all the good things within our grasp we may have what all ambitious people long for---success. Delma Neeley

No comments: